The Salvation Army is always on call, providing services of all kinds to the St. Louis area. For more than 129 years, The Salvation Army has been doing the most good in Missouri and Southern Illinois, providing housing, homeless services, food pantry support, youth programming, senior services, adult rehabilitation, and more.
- 825,473 meals have been served to the needy and those affected by disaster to date in 2011;
- 15,927 people were given temporary shelter in 2010;
- 79,761 individuals were given Christmas assistance in 2010;
- 124,150 orders for grocery assistance have been filled to date in 2011; and
- 24,618 people given assistance in response to disaster in 2011, to date.
The Salvation Army is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. It’s message is based on the Bible, and its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Our mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.