For people who are interested in how they can positively impact the world around them, The Salvation Army’s Speakers Bureau provides a terrific way to get them started. It allows The Salvation Army to share the breadth and depth of the services it provides, as well as provide information on how your business or organization can get involved.
The Salvation Army’s Speakers Bureau can be utilized in several ways:
1. Speaking Engagements: Salvation Army speakers come to your business/organization to share their personal experiences and stories, the programs we offer to help the disadvantaged, and the results of our work.
Topics can include:
- Volunteering in your community
- The history of the red kettle and how it has become a symbol of hope
- Programs and housing for veterans
- Camping opportunities for children, families, and seniors
- After-school programs and character building
- How The Salvation Army responds during a disaster
- How to make a Planned Gift
2. Tours: We invite a business or organization to visit a Salvation Army facility and receive an in-depth tour of our services and programs first-hand.
3. Booth: We come to you and assemble an informational booth for your business/organization to learn more about our multiple programs and services in a more relaxed setting.
The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army, an international organization, has been supporting those in need in Missouri without discrimination for more than 130. Nearly 350,000 people throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois receive assistance from The Salvation Army each year through a broad array of social services that include providing food for the hungry, relief for disaster victims, assistance for the disabled, outreach to the elderly and ill, clothing and shelter to the homeless, and opportunities for underprivileged children. For every dollar donated, 86 cents is used to carry out those services throughout the region.
By inviting The Salvation Army to your meeting, you can help us involve more people in Doing the Most Good.®
For more information or to discuss presentation topics, contact the Communications Department at 314-646-3017.